Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top Songs of 2012: 15-11

     Day 3 of my best-of countdown includes a gorgeous coach from The Voice, an American Idol legend and an up-and-coming star! Halfway done, ten more to go after. Love sharing my music with all of you. Enjoy!

Honorable Mentions:


Nicki Minaj's “Marilyn Monroe”: As the third reincarnation of Minaj's debut album rolled up, my love for the once-unique female rapper had completely disappeared. While her new material is bland and annoying, one track from her second effort shines. “Marilyn Monroe” is a beautiful track that shows Minaj stepping away from her comfort zone. She succeeds.

Jennifer Lopez' “Dance Again”: My favorite tracks from the Latin bombshell have always been her dance masterpieces. As the lead single from her greatest hits album, “Dance Again” embodies the artist Lopez is. The dance-floor anthem featuring Pitbull is somewhat of a sequel to her previous hit “On The Floor”, and the chorus will make everyone get up on their feet.


#15. ZZ Ward's "Til the Casket Drops": 


     After accidentally coming across a promotional card on the lobby floor of the communications building at the University of Texas at Austin, I was introduced to the beautiful sound of ZZ Ward. The title track off the soulful singer's debut is an emotional roller coaster of loving someone until the day you die, until your casket goes six feet under. With vocals reminiscent of an impressive mixture of Adele, Amy Winehouse and P!nk, the song represents talent that more people need to take notice of. It sounds like a lot of work went into the track's making, that is evident in the production, brilliant lyrics and voice. Ward created a Grammy-worthy track. Single maybe?




#14. SIRPAUL's "King of the World": 



     New York-independent artist SIRPAUL created a fun, pop-heavy album, changing his sound from his underground, electronic beginnings. “King of the World” was the effort's highlight in my eyes with an empowering message of strength and perseverance and a beat that stayed lodged in my head months after its release. My love for the track lies in its carefree vibe and the artist's songwriting skills. With two singles released, and a planned third on the way, it does not seem like the amazing song will get its own time to shine, but it will continue to be one of my go-to songs when I need a pick me up during a lackluster day. The artist knows how to make unique pop music, glad I came across him.





#13. Maroon 5's "One More Night": 



     The group is responsible for one of my favorite albums ever, Songs About Jane. In 2012, after the success of the Christina Aguilera-assisted number one hit “Moves Like Jagger”, Maroon 5 released the pop-sounding Overexposed, which features the nine-week number one hit “One More Night”. Before the second single's official release I knew the song would be a huge smash. I love it when I am right. The track contains a bit more of a rock sound than its two predecessors and has a catchy hook and chorus that was extremely radio friendly and told the story of one's desire to stay with his woman for just one more night, wish it was me Levine wanted to stay with. That is what I call love.




#12. Kelly Clarkson's "People Like Us": 




     The song may not be a single yet, but I can almost guarantee it will be soon. Featured on her greatest hits album, along with two other new tracks, “People Like Us” takes a stand for anyone who has ever felt like the freak or an outcast. Clarkson's powerful, award-winning vocals carry the song that bares strong similarities to Lady Gaga's “Born This Way” in terms of message and theme. People are able to relate to the uplifting lyrics and are able to rock out every time the amazing chorus comes along. Clarkson has been on the scene for ten years, and this new creation has to be one of my favorite releases from the first American Idol winner, along with her memorable "Since U Been Gone" and "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)".





#11. Alex Clare's "Too Close":



     British singer Alex Clare's debut U.S. single became somewhat of a sleeper hit, eventually peaking at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100. “Too Close” contains rock and dubstep influences to create an interesting piece that actually brought real talent back to the upper regions of the charts. Clare instantly won me over with his impressive vocal range once I heard the first few notes of the song on a Microsoft commercial earlier this year. Since then, the song has been an important part of my year, playing at least once a day for the past few months. The artist was not ready for a committed relationship and ended it on good terms with this amazing second single from his debut album.
   

     I love how diverse my list really is. I am not a fan of one genre of music, I am a fan of a song if it is good. Simple as that. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar