Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

birthday celebration

I don't usually celebrate my birthday. Im also not used to receiving gifts on that day so im really very thankful when someone remembers my birthday.

I went to the grocery to pick up some additional stuff that i'll be needing for what i'll be preparing. I met up with bf on the supermarket & we just ate together. When i went home i was surprised when i saw this bouquet of flowers waiting for me...

wow!
2 dozens of red roses...it's valentines day!

Apparently, it's from my Ninang & Ninong (Godmother & Godfather). I feel like a teenager since i don't usually receive flowers..not even from bf. I received my first bouquet of flowers from bf when we were...take note of this...already 5 years together. He gave me a dozen red roses on Valentines day because i told him he had never given me flowers yet. He's not very romantic at all...tsk tsk tsk..i wonder why i fell in love with that guy at all. *grumbles*

Anyways, i was so happy. Then early that morning i received the PO card so i went out again to pick Linda's love package. When i went home i went about to preparing some bread rolls my way, then cooking sauteed mushrooms my way, white spaghetti my way...wondering why its my way? It's simply because im the type of person who just doesn't follow recipes. I mean, i do read cookbooks, but i don't strictly follow them...definitely not a 'by the book'. I follow my instinct together with common sense.

As far as i know, most of my dishes are edible..lol!
But then as what bf says, i am a good cook. So at least i know that this is a part that i am confident of.


Well, this is our simple meal...rice is staple in a filipino/asian table. It will always be present. So, i have my own white spaghetti, bread rolls (on which i forgot to cut before taking a pic), prawns cooked in coconut cream, mum's fried chicken, i don't even know what to call the dish at the center because it's my dad's own concoction (-__-"). It's not menudo or caldereta, but i have to say that it's good. Let's go with a simple 'pork stew'..hehehe

A birthday meal is never complete without a cake,right?

I had a black forest cake, but im not a fan.

It's because sometimes black forest by Red Ribbon is good when they don't smother the cherry dressing with kirschwasser. It's just that this cake have a very strong alcohol taste that's why i don't like it.

Oh & the next day, i was about to go to the Poveda fair (but it was later on i realized that it's Sunday, not saturday) & drop by at Rustan's to finally purchase a MAC 217 when my bf sent me a text message saying that dad was involved in a motorcycle accident. I was already on the train by that time & when i read that message i was dumbfounded. Good thing i was sitting. I immediately went home & had to cancel my gf's day out...With God's grace, he only suffered leg sprain...thank God!

Though I can't exactly say the same to his baby, his Yamaha Vmax. I bet dad threw a fit when he saw the damage on it. It got dents & scratches...tsk tsk tsk..im sure it would cost a lot in having it restored back..

At least, he is safe. All through the time horrid details were running on my head.. (-__-")

Well, that's how my bday went on..

I'll be doing another giveaway maybe at the end of the month or or early November.
That's it
Have a great to you!

Jaa ne~!
^_^

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar