These are the Kali Kardia Socks by Helen Kurtz, a free pattern available on Ravelry. Helen named the socks after a favourite taverna in Greece where she was when she came up with the idea for this pattern.
I'm really pleased with how they turned out. The textured pattern is offered in a chequerboard or ribbed version but I went for the latter, I find that a ribbed pattern helps the socks fit snug to the feet and legs.
I used some yarn which has been in my stash since 2011, it was actually a Christmas present from Mick. It's by Laughing Yaffle in their Fantasia colourway. The colour has pooled a little at the heel, but I suppose that's the nature of how this yarn has been dyed.
After knitting so many pairs of socks for other people last year, I'm determined to restock my own sock drawer now. These are the first pair of socks off my needles this year and the second ones aren't far behind.

0 Yorumlar