.

.

.

.

.
.
.
It's A Moonfest!!
.
I'm late for my full moon post!! For my Blue Moon Post. Yes kids it's a Blue Moon here in Australia. The last full moon in the southern hemisphere was actually the 1st January, not New Year's Eve as it was for the northerners!! Which makes today's full moon a Blue Moon!! And what a moon it is!! It is so bright it seems to know it is special and is flirting and flaunting it's brilliant dazzle across the unsuspecting southern skies!! For the last three months I've been struggling to get a moon shot as each full moon the skies have been shrouded in cloud and mist. But tonight? Tonight it's a moonfest!!
.
As I couldn't decide which moon images to post, I thought I'd give you the whole shebang!! Well there are a few I left out, but we do have eleven more full moons this year, so they'll keep for a later post!
.
I've spent the last two nights at my local beach cafe, drinking cappuccinos, munching on baklava and waiting for the moon to do her stuff... A few false starts last night, but tonight.. tonight it was a gala event. She flirted at first, dancing between the clouds, then with the confidence of an old showgirl, out she came, spotlighting the bay and anyone in her path. A bit of a showoff I say!! When the time came to say goodbye, I turned to take one last look and there she was framing herself nicely between the trees.
.
A cameo shot... who could resist?
.
.

.
.

.

.
.
.
Well, I am sorry I haven't been around the blog circuit much this week. Hopefully next week will be better now I am fuelled on moonshine!! ha ha not the alcohol variety!! Or perhaps it's the cappuccinos!! Hope you are all well and enjoying this gorgeous January moon, blue or otherwise! As I am late with this moon post I didn't have time for a Silver Sunday post too [maybe later]. Once again I've been up all night so I'd better go get some sleep.. will catch you all soon!
.
.
Seven Seconds - Youssou N'dour
It's not a second, Seven seconds away
Just as long as I stay, I'll be waiting
It's not a second, Seven seconds away
Just as long as I stay, I'll be waiting
I'll be waiting, I'll be waiting
.
.
...MOON Notes: ahh yes i forgot to include my moon notes. January's full moon is known as 'Wolf Moon' or 'Moon After Yule'. It will appear wider and fatter than usual as it is at perigee [closest to the earth] when it becomes full.. I will try again a few nights later as the big yellow moon usually occurs when it rises late..IMAGE SOURCE: Photography and photo editing by me - [Being Ruby]..
.
.

0 Yorumlar