This morning I woke up feeling blue. In fact, I was, I'll admit, wallowing in my own lousy mood. Then I read some wonderful blog posts that helped to shake me out of my sorry state. In particular, m. heart over at Secret Notebooks . . . Wild Pages suggested posting about the simple things in life that make us happy. I started jotting some down, and I felt the fog begin to lift. Here are just a few:- Todd fixing me a late-night sandwich filled with my favorite ingredients after we have taught 3-hour evening classes and are both feeling peckish. He is a friend generous and sweet.
- Completing a crochet project. It rarely happens, but when it does--quiet bliss!
- Waking up to find Dill curled up next to me
- Waking up to find another poppy has bloomed while I was still asleep
- A pretty china cup of Earl Grey tea
- Receiving a handwritten card from someone I love
For these and many more simple gifts I am thankful.

0 Yorumlar