Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

White-Outs and Surprises

So the drive home was a bit tense. The first three miles, mostly getting from my building in mid-town out to the highway, was okay. But I noticed the sky growing steadily darker, and tiny snowflakes beginning to swirl.

After a couple of miles on the highway, I ran into that solid wall of greyish-white shown in the previous post, and traffic slowed from 65-plus mph to 50.

The farther north I drove, the heavier the snow got, and visibility grew progressively worse. At ten miles, traffic had slowed to 40 mph, and the falling/swirling/drifting snow was making drivers slam on the brakes as we went through moments when the road just ... disappeared.

By the time I reached home, I discovered that we'd received nine inches of snow, our street hadn't been plowed, and I was ready to call it a day.

This makes it look lighter than it actually was.

Ditto, but showing the full 9 inches.
I'm glad to be home.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar