Today I finally finished the LaLa Simple Shawl. It was a jubilant feeling. As I bound off the last few stitches, I felt so happy and free. I had almost given up on it, because I was having so much trouble counting all of those stitches. The finer the yarn, the more stitches you have. This one gradually increased to over three hundred stitches. But, it was worth all of the frustration and backtracking. I blocked it this afternoon, and have been wearing it this evening. It is so light and airy; I love the feathery feel of the yarn. My other shawls are all knit from worsted weight wool or llama. This one is perfect for the months and months of warm weather that we have here in Los Angeles.

After that, I decided to tackle the Carbeth sweater that I started months ago. I had put it aside during the heat, and have been feeling guilty for neglecting it. I just couldn't sit with a pile of hot wool on my lap in this weather. I pulled it out of my knitting bag, and it was a huge mess. I untangled the yarn, straightened everything out, and measured the sleeves. To my surprise everything actually looked very good. I sat with the pattern and studied what needed to be done. Things are always worse in my mind.
I was a little confused with the instructions. I didn't understand what I was supposed to do with the underarm stitches that I had on scrap yarn. I read through the finishing section, and discovered that you graft those stitches together. Ahh! That was like a revelation. I use the same technique on the toes of my socks.
Sitting comfortably on the couch, I began the round where you connect the sleeves to the body. It went very well. This pattern is a breeze, after doing all of that tedious work on the shawl. If all goes well, (and that's a very big if,) I should have it finished tomorrow. It's done on size 10.5 needles, so it moves quickly. I'm so excited about it. Once again, I am very glad that I came back to what I started and recommitted. Part of me wanted to give up, because I didn't feel connected to the project anymore. It's absolutely beautiful yarn, (that was given to me by a fellow knitter,) and I know it will become one of my favorite sweaters. How are your crafts going?
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.
0 Yorumlar