Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Goodbye 2013

It's been a while since my last post, and for the few who follow this blog, I apologize. In the past few months:
  • I finished my internship where I taught kids twice a week. I definitely had some kid teaching withdrawal afterward. There's something about having weekly funny and weird interactions with kids. Some of the best things kids said to me in my last classes: "You taught me to like vegetables!" "(reading my nametag)...In...tern...Is that where you're from?" "Can I come back on the weekend and give you a Christmas gift?"
  • Oh yes, I started a new job. I work retail at a grocery store. I don't plan on talking too much about it on the blog. Something warned me about talking about your employer (see dooce.com) on a public website, so I'll stick to anecdotes, if any.
  • I spent the holidays in California and not in VA. I thought this would not be an issue, but it affected me a lot. Sometimes you don't know what you're missing until you're FaceTimed into it from three time zones away. 
Since it's the year's end, let's recap with some favorite photos from 2013:

January//frolicking in Napa

February//my puppy burrito in my old apartment

March//a family reunion at a wedding and looking back at memories in old albums
Yep, that is my mom rocking that pink blazer and perm.

April//exploring SF and sticking my feet in the Bay at Crissy Field

May//exploring the Sunset neighborhood and climbing a beautifully tiled staircase to see the city

June//street festival in the Haight

July//Playing a 22-year-old board game with my teenage cousins, who remarked that a board game seemed so analog. This is Clue Museum Caper and it is kick ass. 

August//TCHO factory tour with hairnets and free chocolate

September//starting my teaching internship

October//teaching a class in North Beach meant this was part of my commute for a few weeks

November//visiting a farm in Sonoma and playing with some calves

December//playing with this little one at Christmas
This is her running away into her toy box instead of getting her diaper changed.

This year was incredibly busy with a lot of change and adjusting. Lots of worrying, thinking, hoping, wondering, and taking chances. I had a lot of expectations and of course, not everything turned out to plan. Over time, I've become more settled, with an internship, job, and recently became an official CA resident. I look for 2014 with much hope. I would love to have a more confident year with more exploration (travel and food-wise), a more active social life, and a stronger sense of acceptance and gratitude for what I have and less thinking that "this isn't enough." 

I wish you all beautiful new years with everything you're hoping to find.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar